Friday, April 20, 2007

Suffix Prefix

I've been working on these puzzles where each clue has an answer in the form of prefix suffix and the prefix is the same letters as the suffix of the previous answer. The obvious exception is the first clue has an answer in the form a single phrase with no prefix from anywhere else.

By way of example:

Clues:
Not Right [4]
Not Used [8]
The Cow Jumped ____ [11]
Steinbeck Play [13]

Click here for the solution


2 for you to solve:

Puzzle I.I Clues:
Kubric's 2001's Imagined First Weapon [5]
Some Free Speech Lawsuits? [10]
Difficult Episode [8]
Let It Be Track [7]
Animal, ____, Vegetable [7]
Slowing of Tempo [11]
Catholic Calendar Times [15]

Puzzle I.II Clues:
After A Time [5]
Least Lying [9]
Mass Quitting Reaction [7]
Event [6]
Some Ticket Prices [7]
Most Asia [7]
Long Running CBS Program [15]

SOLUTIONS NOW AVAILABLE IN COMMENTS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun puzzles! Going to post the answers anytime soon? :)

It would be cool if you could make the pattern circular - that is, the prefix of the very first clue matches the suffix of the very last.

If you want to check out some puzzles based on a somewhat similar concept, click here:
Double Feature

-PM

Marty Tiniz said...

Nice site, PM, I will give you a link. I haven't done any promotion but the idea was that someone would solve the puzzle and submit the answer. :) I will start posting answers soon but I'm hoping to get other people to solve them first.

Marty Tiniz said...

Puzzle I.I Solution:
A Club
ACLU Brought
Rough Time
I, Me, Mine
Mineral
Rallentando
Lent and Ordinary

Puzzle I.II Solution:
Since
Sincerest
Restaff
Affair
Airfare
Far East
As The World Turns